Saturday, August 29, 2009

Groupies, can't live with them, can't live without them..


So i'm not a pink fan, but I love the way it pops out on my black background..
But anyway, so I was sittin in the kitchen making a PB&J when I thought about a very interesting topic.

GROUPIES.

"A groupie is a person who seeks sexual and/or emotional intimacy with a celebrity or other authority figure." (via Wikipedia).

Now, if you know a celebrity or a hood celebrity or anything of the sort, you've seen a groupie or two. Now, I have no problem with groupies, IF you admit that that's what you do. Now, if your a groupie & WON'T admit that your a groupie, then we have a problem. Now I know everyone has fantasised about a celeb or two, that's not a problem. But sleeping with the celeb, his camp plus more is a problem. Going to a show, dressing slutty, NOT SEXY, because you want attention is an issue. Your gonna get attention, but not the good type of attention. Don't use your friends or family to help you get to the celeb, that's definitely not a good look at all. I'm so sick and tired of these groupie girls and guys. YES I SAID IT, Groupie guys. The men who push the girls to see another dude. The dudes who try to sleep with the Beyonce's, Rihanna's, Christina Millian's, etc. Those dudes who sit there & go hard to get that female's attention. GROUPIES.

One of the things about this term that really urks my nerves is that when your a fan of someone's music, your automatically a groupie, stan, crazy. I can LOVE someone's music, but that doesn't mean that i'm a groupie. If that's the case, everyone in this world who loves music is a groupie. SMFH. That's crazy to even think something like that. I don't like that the people who want a certain artist to grow is automatically a groupie. Especially if they met the person and think their nice. I don't understand the human brain sometimes. It kills me even more when the person who calls you a groupie is JUST LIKE YOU. Like HOW DARE YOU, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE, sit there and call ME a groupie?! Like where's ya brain? Have you looked in the mirror and said that "Damn, well if i'm calling this person a groupie, and i'm doing the same thing, then damn I must be a groupie." Nope! You wanna know why? Because people don't think like that. People don't think period. SMFH. But I was just about to get off topic, so lemme get back on it, groupies. I hate them because any bad term that comes with sleeping with a person is usually associated with a woman. We as women shouldn't be disrespected in such a manner, but it's certain females that make it hard for women to break that stereotype. It's annoying when your boyfriend says "Damn babe, stop being such a groupie." SMFH. That' urks my nerves aswell. I just want for the next years to come for us as women to break that cycle of, you can't be a fan of someone's music because if you are, your a GROUPIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment