Saturday, August 29, 2009

Who DOESN'T wanna be in the music industy?



While making my last blog, GROUPIES, I made a phone call & it lead me to this blog.

Who DOESN'T wanna be in the music industy?

I decided to write about this for different reasons, but after getting off the phone with that person, I definitely had to make a blog about this one. Why is it that everyone and they mothers mothers wants to be in the music industry all of a sudden? Everyone's a producer, rapper,singer,engineer, a&r, etc. I'm so sick and tired of people with BARELY ANY TALENT getting away with getting a record deal. I remember when it was hard as hell to get into the industry and now it seems as if it's a piece of cake. I remember when music had meaning and worth. Now it's like you can wake up and make a song or wake up and be something. People can sit there and be GARBAGE at their "work" but yet they getting record deals and are blowing up. Are you SERIOUS?! For example, this guy me and the bestie knows claims he "raps". We went to his myspace page and it was GARBAGE. But yet he's tryna get signed. The production was horrible, it was just a hot mess! Now we had two decisions:
1. Tell him he's trash and crush all his hopes and dreams
2. Not tell him anything, just say we listened to it and hope he gets better.

Now I can't be THAT mean and go with option 1, even thought I dead serious wanted to, but I feel like you can give them pointers. I wouldn't tell him he's record label material because in my personal oppinion he isn't good enough. But once again that's my personal opinion. Yes you can say, well maybe your not helping the person by choosing the 2nd option, but at the same time, who am I to tell him he's trash when the people he's working with should tell him. But everyone's worried about the next dollar that they not gonna tell him that. SMH. I hate people like that.

But i'm about to play call of duty.. Finish this blog later! #BIEM!

3 comments: